Dulux Matt Emulsion - brush or roller?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per the title, is it better to use a roller or a brush?

It's a big room and doing the ceiling.
If roller, which length of pile, should I water down, how many coats etc?
If I use a brush, should I expect to use a lot more paint?

Thanks in advance. :D

P.S. The colour will be Mellow Mocha.

Sponsored Links
Use a roller, ive learnt over the years that using a brush is time consuming. The layers of paint depend on the colour of the ceiling() ie: if its been recently plastered . My brother put on about 7 - 10 layers of emulsion on the ceiling as i had made markings using a black pen to centralise my ceiling rose, whoops. I would use a lomg pole attached to the roller, you can travel faster on foot tha on a ladder. :D :D :D

Painting in daylight also helps. I had used the rollers that came with the stanley kit. they were quite long piled, I was happy with the effect. Ive never heard of watering down emulsion paint, surely it will take you longer?

If you can handle a 6 inch emulsion brush and keep a wet edge - If you can rise above the floor on a scaffold plank and stay your hand - If you can keep the splatter out your eye . And -which is more- You`ll be a man , my son .( Kipling):cool:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back