Dulux Trade/Leyland trade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Ok linig paper up, all joints filled all paint work ready for tops coats, ceiling done - so I am now ready for the dreaded emulsioning of walls!!!!
Which would be the best paint to use? I want a tinted paint (either of which does not have to be mixed - can go with the ready mixed colour). I want a paint that is kind of scrubbable but I dont want Valspar. I used this before and when I washed a mark off a wall is appears to be a slightly different colour. I want a matt paint because the walls although they have been lined are not perfect (very old house). I will be use a roller
I have heard the above are the best paints.
Advice and opinions please.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Dulux better than leyland in my opinion.
But Leyland is my second favourite.
Wife swears that dulux can be wiped with a damp cloth without any side effect, so in my house I use dulux.

Crown Trade for me seems to come out best on the decorators forum. Im using this and Tikkurelia paints for the first time.

Crown Trade for me seems to come out best on the decorators forum. Im using this and Tikkurelia paints for the first time.

I purchased 30L of Crown Trade emulsion from the local Crown Trade Centre for a client's hallway two years ago. The paint was a beige colour, mixed on demand when purchased. Every single tin (5L tins) had white "phlegm" in that I had pick off the newly lined walls with my finger nails. Pretty annoying, especially given that I was using extension pole and had to keep climbing up the step ladder just to remove the crud.

I did mention it to the store, they just shrugged. I emailed Crown, they didn't bother replying. In the end I had to strain every tin as soon as I first opened it. That is not acceptable. It will be a long time before I use their paints again. Quality/coverage wise, it was on par with Leyland Trade. When I have had problems with Dulux, they have sent the client vouchers.

Sponsored Links
I hate it when a brand new tin of paint is full of bits. I often find it's obviously touched the lid in transit and has then dried and dropped into the paint!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back