1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Dulux Trade/Leyland trade

Discussion in 'Decorating and Painting' started by Ambernewbie, 10 Jul 2020.

1. Ambernewbie

Ambernewbie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi
    Ok linig paper up, all joints filled all paint work ready for tops coats, ceiling done - so I am now ready for the dreaded emulsioning of walls!!!!
    Which would be the best paint to use? I want a tinted paint (either of which does not have to be mixed - can go with the ready mixed colour). I want a paint that is kind of scrubbable but I dont want Valspar. I used this before and when I washed a mark off a wall is appears to be a slightly different colour. I want a matt paint because the walls although they have been lined are not perfect (very old house). I will be use a roller
    I have heard the above are the best paints.
    Advice and opinions please.
    Thanks in advance

2. johnny2007

johnny2007

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Dulux better than leyland in my opinion.
    But Leyland is my second favourite.
    Wife swears that dulux can be wiped with a damp cloth without any side effect, so in my house I use dulux.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. chasingmytail

chasingmytail

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Crown Trade for me seems to come out best on the decorators forum. Im using this and Tikkurelia paints for the first time.

5. opps

opps

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

I purchased 30L of Crown Trade emulsion from the local Crown Trade Centre for a client's hallway two years ago. The paint was a beige colour, mixed on demand when purchased. Every single tin (5L tins) had white "phlegm" in that I had pick off the newly lined walls with my finger nails. Pretty annoying, especially given that I was using extension pole and had to keep climbing up the step ladder just to remove the crud.

I did mention it to the store, they just shrugged. I emailed Crown, they didn't bother replying. In the end I had to strain every tin as soon as I first opened it. That is not acceptable. It will be a long time before I use their paints again. Quality/coverage wise, it was on par with Leyland Trade. When I have had problems with Dulux, they have sent the client vouchers.

6. Sponsored Links