earth bonding under sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed that the hot and cold water feeds under the sink are bonded with an earth wire back to the electric meter. I guess that this means the stainless steel sink is also bonded through the tap fixing.
I have to replace the tap and will change some of the original copper pipe feeding the tap with plastic (original earth bonding not removed). Will I now have to put an earth bonding on the sink?

Sponsored Links
There is no requirement to earth the sink, but you must make sure continuity of the main earth bonding is still maintained back to the fuse board/MET.
So if you put a plastic insertion between the copper pipe coming from the internal stop tap and where it is bonded, the bond would be required to be clamped at the most practicable position near stop tap before plastic inserts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back