Earth Bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just about to replace a basin and toilet in my bathroom and will be using plastic push fit joints with copper pipe.

When removing the old toilet and basin, I noticed that there were no earth bonding cables. Should there have been and do I need to make earth bonding connections to across the plastic joints ?

The only electrics in the bathroom are a showere and a light

Sponsored Links
Yes, if there is a shower in the room (and/or a bath), then supp. bonding should be added, it should connect to the CPCs of any circuit suppliing equipment within a zone, to any ECPs, Put the 951 clamps as close to where the pipes enter the bathroom... upstream of any plastic fittings (any pototential is going to be introduced from outside of the bathroom, so tie it down to the bonding where it enters and upstream of any pvc fittings, and anything downstream will likely 'float' to the potential of the bonding through the resistance of water filled pvc fittings [and if the resistance is infinite and it doesn't... well thats even safer...])

The shower unit has a supplemetary bond attached to the copper pipe where it connects to the shower.

So, if I conet a 951 to the copper shower supply pipe and then run this to the copper pipe where it enters the bathroom (before the plastic joints are fitted) that should cover it off ???. That would mean a run of approx 10 feet and under floorboards.

What about the light and the metal taps ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back