Earth cable joint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mains water stop cock has been removed to diffrent location.Main earth cable was connected there.Problem now is ,cable is about 3 mtr short.how do i join the cable.Can i use 32 amp connecter or is there any special connecter for it.Help please.

Sponsored Links
I think that a bonding cable is required to be continuous but would need to check.
If you join it, I would recommend you use a ratchet crimper, NOT those squeeze and pray affairs.

I think it can have joints. regs from 543 thru 547 make several mentions regarding joints in bonding conductors; in particular they follow the regular rules for accessibility.

But, to the op, can you not use the old one to pull a new one in?

Sponsored Links
Thank you slip.
Some times my old brain needs jog, but yes you are correct, I personally hate joins.
Perhaps the OP could braze/solder the cables together and then wrap in self amalgamating tape.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back