Easiboost dual shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
leading on from myhot water topic, my shower pump is now leaking from the shaft seal, is it probable that the very hot water has contributed to cavitation and the breakdown of the ceramic shaft seals?

Any ideas as to the ideal water temp whe using this type of pump ( Purple type)

Sponsored Links
Purple pumping cavities :?: 60 degrees C. stored water. below ,risks Leigionella pulmonella....

Hey Nige,

The type of shower pump ( Easiboost twin impellor / purple model), has ceramic shaft seals, o f for any reason your hot water to the pump is excessivley hot , it causes cavitation and increases the water temp even further within the pump housing.

With this non atmospheric increase in water temp, it causes the shaft seals to break up, and hey presto i have a leak on a new pump.

I just wanted to be sure of the recommended storage temp of hot watewr before i replace the ceramic shaft seals at £20 a throw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back