easiboost shower pump fitted but not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just fitted a secpndhand easiboost twin shower pump, never had a pump before, only gravity feed shower.
It started up when I turned the shower on and run for about five seconds then started to pulsate on and off a few times. I turned shower off because I didn't think that was right. I turned it back on a few seconds later and it stated to run properly but after about 30 seconds it stopped completely and now wont start at all.
Just gave it 10 minutes and tried again, run for 20 seconds and stopped again. Tried it again half hour later and not working.
When the pump ran it was very noisy but I don;t know what to compare it with.
Is this something common, something I should have done when I fitted it or do you think the secondhnd pump I bought from ebay is no good? The seller said it had not been used for a year.

Sponsored Links
If it's all fitted and commissioned according to the instructions then the pump is faulty.

I fitted the hot water supply from a surrey flange on top of the HW tank, I have just double checked the dimensions and the pipe is only 925mm below the bottom of the cold water storage tank (instructions say minimum of 1000mm) Would that be a problem?
The highest of my pipework to shower is 300mm below cold storage tank (instructions say must be minimum of 230mm) so that is OK.

double checked the dimensions and the pipe is only 925mm below the bottom of the cold water storage tank (instructions say minimum of 1000mm) Would that be a problem?
3" is neither here nor there, especially as the actual head of water will be measured from the surface of the water. The bottom-of-tank measurement is an ar5e covering exercise.
I can't see that being the problem.

Have you contacted the seller? Was it Ebay? If so, what's their feedback like?

I'm always very wary of used electrical equipment from Ebay, car boots, etc.
Not just because they may not work, they could be downright dangerous.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I have approx 840mm (33 ") from bottom of cold water storage tank to shower head.
My Pipe work for the shower goes back up to my loft before coming back down to my shower head and the highest point of the pipework is approx 300mm (11.5") from bottom of CW storage tank.
The only dimension take is a little tight is the surrey flange pipework for the HW to the pump from the HW Cylinder is only 925mm (36.5") from bottom of CW Storage tank. (The instructions say 1000mm)
The pipework is all 15mm as this is what was already there and it drops down between the wall cavity to get to the shower so there isn't much I can do about that.
This morning the Pump is starting OK with the shower head in the correct position but I bet this is going to be unreliable, sometimes working and sometimes having to lower the shower head to make it start up.
If it is being unreliable do you think a pull cord to manually start pump is the best solution?
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back