Easily removable clear sealant for window gap (Winter only)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a clear sealant to temporarily fill a gap varying from 1mm to 5mm between window and frame, just during the Winter. The sort of stuff they use for sticking CDs on the cover of magazines. The reason I can't use conventional draft proofing is the windows are those daft circular ones that open by rotating across a diameter. All I need to do during the Winter (ok I know its a bit late now!) is seal up the gap without it being too noticeable, then when Summer comes I want to be able to peel off the sealant so that the windows can open as per normal.

Any ideas? I have Googled in vain and very confused by the different types of sealant/filler on offer...high modulous/low modulous/acrylic/caulk etc etc.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
There's something by DOW called "Seal n Peel" ...can only find references to it on US websites...anybody found it / used it? (in UK)

Apply clear silicon and then cover with thin strip of polythene, close window and remove polythene after 24hrs, this will leave a permanent clear seal .
The polythene prevents the window sticking to the frame.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant!!!! thanks foxhole. even better than having to scrape it off in the Spring.

Any recommended brand/type of silicone...I am very confused by the 200 or so different ones in the screwfix catalog! .. especially the difference between high and low modulus.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back