Eastenders

you may call me a tv snob, but i find soaps incredibly dull. i choose not to watch them.

tolerate an episode of eastenders and i feel like suicide.

soaps are so banal and uninteresting that viewers are able to endure an episode and completely relax their mind, oblivious to conscious thought. it is this hypnosis, that makes them appealing. the fact that even a zombie's mind would not be taxed watching such drivel.

glaze over and relax.............. :rolleyes:

the same goes for reality t.v. :rolleyes:
you tv snob :LOL:

Sponsored Links
It's known as "Neck-enders" in this house - rather like some other well known bits of junk TV which have been renamed "Abomination Street", "Bummerdale" and the late, but not lamented, "Crookside". All of this came from the habit of referring to another late, and equally unlamented, US soap as "Dysentry". :D :D :D I'm rather fond of dreaming up more appropriate names for soaps. Over the years I've come up with El-Farto, Pee Side, Dull-a*se, The Coaltits and Disparate A*se-wipes to name but a few. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I confess to being a secondary soap watcher. :( :( :( . I seriously doubt that you could assemble so much scum in one square without World War III breaking out - but then real streets wouldn't make interesting TV. One murder in a lifetime simply won't do and so TV producers have to embellish it a bit. If you should ever find yourself in Midsomer when Miss Marple drops in for a quiet cuppa ---

RUN LIKE HELL! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

PS: Back in the sixties there was one soap (if it qualified for that title) that I watched without fail every week. It was called The Troubleshooters and it was about a ficticious company called Mogul Oil. Does anybody else remember?

Sponsored Links
Back