Economy 7 Suddenly No Hot Water

good point

a picture of the meter and consumer unit(s) would help

but maybe it's one of these tariffs where all off-peak electricity used is charged at lower rate, on same circuits.

Sponsored Links
Ah I see, thanks. I will get the photos for you as soon as I get back home. I know our consumer unit is VERY out dated. Since we have moved in I have been in the process of updating and decorating the house (including knocking through to the garage to put in a door).

The consumer unit/heating will be the next thing on the cards as we dont have central heating in the house.

Bit confused here. It looks like a standard single immersion heater. If so why have you a dual timer?
It isn't a dual timer, it's a fairly commonplace Horstmann "Quartz" IH timer.

JohnD said:
but maybe it's one of these tariffs where all off-peak electricity used is charged at lower rate, on same circuits.
Precisely.

It's intended for use during the cheap-rate period, and has a boost feature for occasional on-peak usage.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help, I'm a bit new when it comes to things like that! Glad you cleared that up for me though, and glad that my hot water is back :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back