Economy 7 water heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all first post i need a bit of advise.

The council installed a new economy 7 water heater this summer, its a gledhill stainless lite dual immersion unvented tank, im not sure of the capacity but its about 2m tall.

If i leave both spurs switched on i always have plenty of hot water but with the boost supply turned off the water seems to run out quickly.

The sparks fitted a dedicated off peak supply to one of the immersions and the other is the original supply from the old immersion.

My question is that from what ive read the off peak supply should be connected too the bottom immersion in the tank so it heats the whole tank over night and the top immersion should be connected too the top immersion for a day time boost. The installer has connected the off peak supply too the top immersion heater in the tank and the peak supply is wired too the bottom immersion.

If the hot water does run out it seems to take hours to heat up again so has the installer made a mistake or is that a acceptable way to connect up the heaters?

Sponsored Links
The installer has connected the off peak supply to the top immersion heater in the tank and the peak supply is wired to the bottom immersion.

If the hot water does run out it seems to take hours to heat up again so has the installer made a mistake or is that a acceptable way to connect up the heaters?

If what you say is true, the installer has made a mistake and this is not acceptable.

Ok thanks Just wanted to make sure it was definatly wrong before i get them to sort it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back