Ecopearls / CemWood (wood fiber leveling)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience of using a floor levelling solution similar to EcoPearls / Cemwood? I am looking to install a floating engineered wood floor over my floorboards, but the room (7.5m x 3.8m) dips heavily in the middle and is uneven in many places. I will get a laser level guide but I can tell it's out by at least two inches. I was hoping to pour a ton of EcoPearls or other mineralized wood fibre on it, then lay 7mm fibreboard and then my engineered. They have lots of these type of products that I have seen on Youtube that I think they use in mainland Europe, but I can't see much on the matter discussed anywhere apart from on one forum and nobody had used it. Is it a scam? It looks perfect for my situation.

Here are videos of these types of things:

Otherwise I will probably rip up the floorboards, lay 18mm ply, prime and then use a suitable SLC... I can't imagine trying to level by packing all the joists would give me a good result.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back