Ecotec 630 plus Vaillant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A seal has failed on my boiler pump. Has anybody else had this sort of problem with the Vaillant ecotec pump...???

Sponsored Links
Grundfos or wilo.

8/10 it's through dirty system water.

Not sure it has vaillant written on it 0020005803 vpar 5. I can also see a witness mark

I'd be surprised if you are the only person to have a pump seal on that model of boiler, although I don't remember experiencing that problem.

Sponsored Links
Pump seals never fail on this boiler. U will probably find it's the wilo pump,when the bearings go they dump there guts out of a small hole at the bottom of the pump ,u can't fix it u need to change the whole pump assembly for the new grunfos type

Thanks for that info.What you have descibed fits spot on. Is this a fault with the pump. I have got our boiler man to fit a new pump and he has advised that this is common with these pumps..... Vaillant are playing on the fact that it is just over two years, So they dont want to get involved.

The pumps can fail prematurely on these but you are out of warranty and you will not find Vaillant receptive to any goodwill - particularly as you haven't used them to replace it.

Some installers get a 5 yr warranty, this picks up the errant pumps and pressure switches before the warranty runs out. Pump manufacture for the 6,8 and 9 series has now gone back to Grundfos, better check your replacement is new stock.

I hear what you say Simon.It sounds that the older pumps are not fit for purpose and they have a short life span and thats why they have changed to the other model. Has any body got some information saying why vaillant have changed or the pump is not reaching its expected life span. I have found vaillant to be on the offensive straight away and not forthcoming with any refund....... Sounds to me as though they dont have a quality customer relations policy. I would like some money back off of them but think i might be banging my head up against a brick wall. Thanks again for posts and thoughts.

No Telford u misunderstand if u check previous posts on this product it's not faulty switches pumps etc it's **** in the system that causes it, the will pump is not as robust as the grundfos at cop in with system debris

Ok Thanks. I have got one of those fernox TF1 units so its a step in the right direction.
Regards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back