Ecotec Plus 418, VR66 + VRC470f but no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help me here, having a frustrating time with this setup.

New boiler was running on an old 240v timer, room thermostat and wiring strip and have replaced them with the recommended Vaillant controls. CH works perfectly, kicks in when demanded and off when not, modulates the flow temp and all is well. But the boiler never demands hot water.

Have a VR10 NTC on the cylinder and can see the temperature on the boiler and wireless controller, Cylinder target temp is set to 60c but the DHW never kicks in. 3 Position valve is connected to the VR66 wiring centre which is showing a steady green light. Have triple checked the wiring for the valve and it's correct according to the manual, and the valve works fine when given power. Turning the VR66 off reverts the valve to hot water, turning it back on leaves it there until the boiler turns the CH on and it moves, but it does always stay in the CH position after that.

I even removed the NTC and stuck an old cylinder thermostat on the CYL connection. The boiler shows demand in d25 when the dial is turned up high and no demand when the dial is turned below the temperature of the water in the tank. Boiler still doesn't bother to fire up. Cylinder boost on the controller (with the NTC connected) also gets no response from the boiler.

Have reset everything to factory settings multiple times with no luck. Initially thought it was an eBus issue but with the boiler seeing the demand and the cylinder temperature being displayed I can't imagine its that. It's almost as if the DHW on the boiler is just turned off, but for the life of me I can't see why/how.

Sponsored Links
How old is the boiler? It looks like a call to Vaillant is your best bet as it should have at least a 5 year warranty.

Serial number says it was made in 2015, so not old. Might make a call when I get a chance.

MIGHT ? i would do it if i was you , obviously a problem and still under warranty

Sponsored Links
Hope someone can help me here, having a frustrating time with this setup.

New boiler was running on an old 240v timer, room thermostat and wiring strip and have replaced them with the recommended Vaillant controls. CH works perfectly, kicks in when demanded and off when not, modulates the flow temp and all is well. But the boiler never demands hot water.

Have a VR10 NTC on the cylinder and can see the temperature on the boiler and wireless controller, Cylinder target temp is set to 60c but the DHW never kicks in. 3 Position valve is connected to the VR66 wiring centre which is showing a steady green light. Have triple checked the wiring for the valve and it's correct according to the manual, and the valve works fine when given power. Turning the VR66 off reverts the valve to hot water, turning it back on leaves it there until the boiler turns the CH on and it moves, but it does always stay in the CH position after that.

I even removed the NTC and stuck an old cylinder thermostat on the CYL connection. The boiler shows demand in d25 when the dial is turned up high and no demand when the dial is turned below the temperature of the water in the tank. Boiler still doesn't bother to fire up. Cylinder boost on the controller (with the NTC connected) also gets no response from the boiler.

Have reset everything to factory settings multiple times with no luck. Initially thought it was an eBus issue but with the boiler seeing the demand and the cylinder temperature being displayed I can't imagine its that. It's almost as if the DHW on the boiler is just turned off, but for the life of me I can't see why/how.
Having same issue. Did you ever resolve it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back