Ecotec plus 615 pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, has anyone tried putting either a grundfos pump or ideal pump head into a Vaillant ecotec plus 615? I have a job to change the pump on one tomorrow but forgot to order the vaillant pump at the merchants(and it is very expensive)

Sponsored Links
Ah ok, that price is good actually. It's a social housing contract I work on but I like to save the company money where I can(maybe keep myself in a job!!)

The house is a new build, well it's 4 years old. So one of the newer ones. I like the vaillant boilers as they seem quite reliable, which is also why I don't work on them very often and wasn't aware it was a twin speed pump.

Thanks for your help

Darren

4 years ago would have been a wilo so the new gringos will not fit the body

Still easy to do last on I did only took about half an hour. Undo the 2 screws holding the pump in from underneath. Couple of split pins and it's out

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it needs the pump what's your fault f75?
no fault code but the pump is a bit rattly. I heard it when I was in and unplugged every thing and it is definately the pump. Customer has hearing issues which amplifies some noises and the rattling pump is one of them. So I'll need to try and source one tomorrow.

Thanks
Darren

Yea hhe last one I did was a wilo doing that when I got it out the impeller moved back and forward about half an inch

At least it came out! Wouldn't be the first time i've had a fight with a Grundy pump thats decided I can have the outer case and nothing else!

Hi all could somebody please tell me what the Grundfos part number equivalent is for replacing the Vaillant pump (#17893) in an Ecotec Plus 831 system.

Many Thanks

GMC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back