Ecotec Plus 630 or Gstar 30CDi Sys?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any thoughts on which is the better 30Kw system boiler?... Ecotec Plus 630 or Worcs 30CDi?...Thank you

Sponsored Links
Vailant boilers are not bad, but the way the company treat owners of them, and the engineers that do the service or repair work, is a simple atrocious. I wouldn't recommend a Vailant anymore than I would recommend Ideal, and I have heard a lot of engineers say the same.
Some installers find Worcester hard to work on, but they are very reliable and the support from the company is second to none.
I only install worcesters and all my clients are really happy with them. Viessmann is also a good design, but the company is not as established here.

Sponsored Links
Some installers find Worcester hard to work on, but they are very reliable and the support from the company is second to none.
I was putting a couple of thermistors on a 24i rsf the other day. I struggled even to get the sensor into its clip. But that's cos I've only got two hands, if I'd had three it would have been a bit easier. :LOL:

I was putting a couple of thermistors on a 24i rsf the other day. I struggled even to get the sensor into its clip. But that's cos I've only got two hands, if I'd had three it would have been a bit easier. :LOL:

Good point. I forgot to mention that the CDI is a great boiler, but to stay far from i and junior; they are mediocre at best.
If you look at the cost of boiler plus installation together, choosing a junior or i-series only saves about 10%, and reduces the result from very good to medium.

And they are very quiet, I need noise as much as I need warrantee call outs. :LOL:

All Greenstars Jrn, i and CDI are prone to water leaks from the hydrobloack and pump connections in my experience, but like all manufacturers these days its not the boilers fault its the 'system hasnt been flushed properly'! :evil:

Never installed one that had these problems, never been called out to one that somebody else installed either. I do virtually nothing but CDI's mkii currently, the mki before that, and the predecessor, HE+ before that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back