Edge of window tilted towards window - Damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've got a problem with damp under the bay windows of my 1900's ish mid terraced house that I'm trying to track down.

Now I am only just starting my DIY career (first house), so please forgive my lack of knowledge. A bit of plastic slopes backwards towards the bottom of the window, which combined with old silicon sealant and cracks (pic 1 & 2) I think is leading to the water getting below the window frame and into the wall below.

My question is have the windows been poorly installed and what should be done about it? Would re-doing the silicone fix the problem and do I need to do something about the slope? I've also noticed big gaps between the frame (pic 3), are these normal?

SSKWJF.jpg

FWV0Ts.jpg

rrWAaP.jpg

Sponsored Links
Here are a couple from a bit further away, cleaning/repainting these is definitely on the todo list for some point!

sKW4gS.jpg

LZRhqH.jpg

Damp under windows is usually condensation caused by lack of adequate ventilation.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back