Electric cooker cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could someone please advise on the size of cable I would need for a Cooker which says 10.7 / 6.6 kW it is a double oven with a four ring induction. I was advised that it would only need a 6mm cable but was a little worried about the 10.7 / 6.6 kW it doesn't tell you in the handbook.

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Dependant on how it's installed, 6mm will be more than adequate. Heavy diversity is applied to cookers.

Is the cable to be installed? Will it need to be derated? Ie through insulation in a wall/floor space or in trunking?

The cooker is approx 2 meters from the fuse board so I am assuming it goes down underneath the wooden floor and back up in 6mm then the cooker has a 6mm cable coming out the back to the cooker plate. So in total the length of cable from the fuse board to the cooker switch is 2 meters in length and is chased into the brick wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back