Electric shocks from cooker

Did the electrician talk. to you at all about whether you had RCD protection. It may be something your landlord needs to investigate if you have not already told them.

It is not essential to have RCD protection on all circuits .................

Sponsored Links
Electrical shocks from my cooker which is electric. I seem to be getting pretty bad shocks every time I cook so trying to use precautions like using a cloth for handles and wooden or plastic cooking utensils. I had a kettle plugged into the same socket as the cooker which I have now removed so unsure if this was the problem!! Do I need a new cooker ?
Get it checked out by a service engineer who works with those appliances. The local independents are less likely to rip you off IME and will know more about it than a sparkie. Not saying sparkie can’t diagnose but if parts needed better off with service engineer

Blup

Get it checked out by a service engineer who works with those appliances. The local independents are less likely to rip you off IME and will know more about it than a sparkie. Not saying sparkie can’t diagnose but if parts needed better off with service engineer

Blup
Did you read post #13? Op advised new cooker.

Did you read post #13? Op advised new cooker.
The OP isn't qualified to decide whether a new cooker is needed, they've panicked at the sight of sparking.

Blup

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
The OP isn't qualified to decide whether a new cooker is needed, they've panicked at the sight of sparking.

Blup

The fault description might mean that a connection was loose and overheated, or that an incorrect gauge of cable was used.

Neither suggests that a new cooker is necessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back