Electric Shower replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Triton T60si that I’m looking to replace as it’s leaking a bit from the bottom.

I see there’s an “easy fit” triton available which I was thinking about, are these recommended? Reviews seem a bit variable but thought it might make it possible as a DIY, non plumber fit.

I want one that has some decent power (as much as can be expected from an electric shower), but don’t want to be left with lots of holes visible in the tiles, hence why I was looking at a triron again.

Sponsored Links
Pic of current one

Attachments

• IMG_8413.jpeg
    IMG_8413.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 21
1. If its leaking from around where the flexible hose attaches, it my be that the Pressure Relief Device (PRD) has operated. These cost about £8 plus postage and are relatively easy to fit but see point 4 below. PRDs usually operate if the shower head is heavily lime-scaled, or the flexible hose is blocked or kinked.
2. You cannot replace it with a shower of higher kW rating (= power) unless the cabling from the consumer unit is adequate for the more powerful shower. You need a qualified electrician to tell you if the existing cable is adequate, as rating also depends on routing and other factors beyond power handling capability.
3. Assuming by "easy fit" you mean the T80Z, I can't help on whether or not it would be a direct replacement. The water entry points look similar to the T60si, and the cable entry points also seem compatible. However, the existing shower has cable connection at top left, whereas the connection point most likely to suit in the T80 appears to be 2/3rds of the way down the left hand side. Fine if your cable comes in from the bottom, not so good if it comes from the top.
4. Do remember that everything inside the cover is at mains voltage, and can kill you if you don't know what you are doing. Triton offer a fitting service for the T80Z for a flat charge of £95.

Thanks for your advice. How can I tell what kW the current t60si is? It was in the house when we moved in so not sure

Sponsored Links
I think it came in two versions. [Possibly 7kW & 8kW?] There should be a label on it somewhere. It may be inside the cover.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back