Electric shower with low water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 9Kw electric shower for 2 years without any problem until this morning. The cold water pressure and flow rate is very low with the power off. When the electric power was turned on, the shower release boiling hot water with very low flow rate regardless the postion of temperature control. Even removing the shower head won' t solve the problem. I have no pressure problem with tap water in the same bathroom. Is this a prolem with the electric shower or supply water to the shower?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Me thinks the shower has thrown a wobbler......

Turn the leckky Off & the water & have a undo of the water supply ...... Your looking for some kind of blockage as the water enters the shower.........

If your really brave you coud get somone to turn the water on a lil bit & see what occurs ........ Gonna get water all over the gaff tho ;)

Cheers. I will have a try this weekend. Maybe it's time to replace this e-shower.

Sponsored Links
Hi sutyde,

There's probably nothing wrong with the shower itself. As J..M suggests, there's probably a blockage somewhere - either in the pipe work of the water supply or the inlet filter of the shower itself. My guess would be the latter.

If your taps are ok and come from the same feed as the shower, then the blockage must be between the taps and the shower. If it's managed to make it that far through your system, the chances are that it will make it to the inlet filter of the shower.

Turn the supply off (electricity and water) and disconnect the inlet to the shower. The filter should be fairly easily accessible, so give that a clean. That will probably do the trick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back