Low mains pressure to electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Triton electric shower often has the low pressure light on and the hot water stops coming out because the mains pressure suffers from low fluctuations.

Is there a way to fix this? Can pump be fitted to feed cold water at pressure to the exisitng shower? or is there a simpler way?

i am thinking of replacing the electric shower with a power shower but this costly.

Sponsored Links
I am guess that the "low pressure" problem relates to the water?

Sorry, but that doesn't sound like an electrical problems to me!
You may like to ask the moderators to move you to plumbing. ;)

I am guess that the "low pressure" problem relates to the water?

Sorry, but that doesn't sound like an electrical problems to me!
You may like to ask the moderators to move you to plumbing. ;)

the shower feed is from the mains and the pressure from the mains to this flat is often low. it is a plumbing problem in a sense but it is also an electrical problem as i am uncertain if an electric pump can be used to pump water to an electric shower.

i have read that you can, but the blurb is confusing, as i have also read that you can't and that an electric pump can only be used to feed water to a mixer shower, not an electric shower.

does forum rules allow me to post the same thread in the plumbing section as it is both plumbing and electrics?

You can fit a pump to a electric shower.
But the supply to the pump MUST be taken from a cws not the mains supply as it is now.
It also needs to be a neg head pump or it won't kick when shower turned on.

Your best bet is change the shower to a tank fed shower with it's own pump built in.

The reason it stops heating is a safety device to stop it overheating with low pressure/flow.

Sponsored Links
Your best bet is change the shower to a tank fed shower with it's own pump built in.

can you recommend a link where i can have a look at this sort of shower?
is the pump within the shower itself or is it separate?

(the cold water tank is the cupboard in the bathroom so i don't have gravity for the cold feed from the cold water tank.)

Mira elite st is one off the top of my head the pump is built into the shower unit.

Mira elite st is one off the top of my head the pump is built into the shower unit.

cheers. i will have a look into this.

the reason i mention that the cold water tank is the bathroom is because some low pressure shower need to have cold water fed to it from a cold water tank that is situated in the loft so that the water fed to it has at least some pressure.

You don't need water pressure for these showers, long as the shower unit has a gravity feed and the unit is around 70mm below the cws all is ok, even if the shower head is above the cws the pump does the rest.

How high is the bottom of the cws ?
Hope it's not a combination cylinder you have is it ?

You don't need water pressure for these showers, long as the shower unit has a gravity feed and the unit is around 70mm below the cws all is ok, even if the shower head is above the cws the pump does the rest.

How high is the bottom of the cws ?
Hope it's not a combination cylinder you have is it ?

i will need to see if the bottom of the cold water tank is at least 70mm above the shower. I think it should be. The cold water tank is placed at the top of the cupboard in the bathroom.

the cupboard has this cold water tank at the top reaching the ceiling and the hot water cylinder is at the bottom of the cupboard, sitting on the floor of the cupboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back