Electric UFH Thermostat Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an existing Warmup Tempo UFH thermostat for my bathroom. Is is located outside the bathroom, has no remote air probe, and so is only controlled by the floor temperature. As a result I'm constantly having to change the settings to match the weather. Not ideal, so thought I'd change it for one with a remote air sensor. I was looking at the Warmup 4ie, but it does seem expensive compared to alternatives. Is it style over substance? What would others recommend? (Need to be able to have separate settings for each day of the week, optimising and compatible with the existing Warmup floor probe. Backlit would be useful as I find it hard to read the non backlit Tempo. Load is only 1500W)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
IIRC the Tempo can use the floor sensor and/or the built in air sensor.
If you opt for the 4ie you would need to add a second remote air sensor. The 4ie allows you to set it up as you want it..

IIRC the Tempo can use the floor sensor and/or the built in air sensor.
Unfortunately being outside of the room the built in air sensor is unusable.

Do you know if the remote air sensor is the same device as an additional floor sensor? I can't find anywhere to purchase a warmup air sensor.

They are the same device. I have installed exactly this on another system (Heatmiser) with floor and air probes. Not Warmup.
Suggest you double check directly with WarmUp to confirm beofe spending too much dosh!

Sponsored Links
It was a customer's project.
Underfloor (wet) heating about 12 zones in the house. Customer & plumber determined Heatmiser.
Heatmise tats everywhere using the in-stat temp sensor, except for bathrooms which where the stat was outside the room with remote sensor for the room temp.
Customer wanted to control everything from Wi-fi hub.
Works just fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back