Electricity meter change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our meter was changed two weeks ago. Yesterday I spoke to our supplier and they still have the old meter on their records. Does anyone know how long it should take for the new meter number and reading to be loaded onto the supplier's system?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Marco, I cannot help with your question but when my meter was changed a few years ago my bills shot up by a lot more than anticipated. When I challenged my provider they claimed the old meter would not have been registering the correct usage - I would not have been so willing to have had it changed had I known that was going to happen. :cry:

Hi Marco, I cannot help with your question but when my meter was changed a few years ago my bills shot up by a lot more than anticipated. When I challenged my provider they claimed the old meter would not have been registering the correct usage - I would not have been so willing to have had it changed had I known that was going to happen. :cry:

If I remember correctly when the meter was changed I was given the rreading on the old one, and the new one, so the provider should have the correct values when they do finally update their system, which you can check when you get your next bill.

Sponsored Links
It takes about 2-3 Weeks to be updated. There are 3 national databases to be changed.

Some suppliers are quicker, some are slower. It can get delayed if it is a seperate meter operator doing the change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back