Electrics to an attached garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If i want to install a separate CU in the garage, how would I go about it.

I want a ring of sockets (including a couple of weather proof ones outside)
A ring of lights (possibly one to an adjacent shed) an Electric Garage door opener and security lights back and front.

Main CU is under stairs, which backs onto the garage wall

All help greatly received. I want to try to do it myself but am just a little worried I won't be able to do it.

I wil need the replies in very basic but detailed language

Thanks

Sponsored Links
1) When do you want to do it? The reason I ask that is because the questions you are asking indicate a real lack of all sorts of basic knowledge & understanding. Nothing wrong with that - nobody is born with that knowledge, but you've got a lot to learn, and it may take you a while.

Installing sub mains, or split tails, new CUS, new circuits etc are not things you should be doing unless you are completely comfortable with it, and know all that you need to without asking. It's not the sort of job via which to start learning about electrical installation work.

2) Do you care about the legalities of this work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back