Electrolux Double Oven Model No. EOU 6335X

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Main oven is completely dead when switched on. No indicator light, no fan, no oven light. The element does not heat up either (although a new one was fitted approximately two months ago.) The top oven works perfectly well. Any advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
There is a small cut out thermostat at the rear of the oven cavity you need to remove the back panel either that is at fault or the wiring connection too it has burnt out

Thanks for your reply. To explain further the oven belongs to my son so I am having to go to his house to check things out.
I checked the cut-off thermostat as you suggested but this seems ok. Also there doesn't seem to be any sign of burnt or overheating cables. I was able to trace feed cable to main oven rotory/selector switch which strangely showed only 6.2v on voltmeter untill all the connections on other side of switch (ie dead side) were disconnected when the voltage then showed 240v. My son also told me that prior to packing in all together he was able to switch the main oven on for about a minute before tripping the main ELCB at the consumer unit. Starting to get a little complicated but as before any advice gratefully received.

Latest on problem. The oven is not completely dead as reported previously. After discussions with No.1 son and checking user manual everytime the mains supply is cut off the Main Oven has to be reset to "manual" before it can be switched on. So we're back to the original problem, ie. tripping the ELCB. I think this is because the element insulation is breaking down when heating up causing an earth leakage fault. Anyway, have ordered a new element to replace the (2 MONTHS) old one.
Thanks to "captaincaveman1" for his reply. Sorry I gave you duff information.

Sponsored Links
Latest on problem. The oven is not completely dead as reported previously. After discussions with No.1 son and checking user manual everytime the mains supply is cut off the Main Oven has to be reset to "manual" before it can be switched on. So we're back to the original problem, ie. tripping the ELCB. I think this is because the element insulation is breaking down when heating up causing an earth leakage fault. Anyway, have ordered a new element to replace the (2 MONTHS) old one.
Thanks to "captaincaveman1" for his reply. Sorry I gave you duff information.
No worries! If its tripping then 9/10 it has to be an element at fault so your proberley along the right lines now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back