Electrolux oven trips electricity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am writing as I'm having problems with my electric oven (Electrolux EOB 53001 single integrated oven).

The first problem I had was that the heating element at the back of the oven got unscrewed and fell on the fan, blocking it from turning. I managed to screw it back on and the oven seemed to be working correctly (fan spinning, heating element heating up correctly).

I then decided to give the oven a good clean and removed the door to wash it. But when I put the door back on and turned the oven back on it tripped the electricity.

Now, when I plug back the oven, it seem to be ok (time setting up fine) but:
- as soon as I start to turn on any function on the oven (light, defrost or fan heating), it tripps the electricity again
- the orange indicator signalling the oven is on is on constantly, even when the oven is turned off (set to 0).

Any idea what the problem is? I checked the plug with another appliance and it seems to be working fine so I'm thinking there must be a faulty component in the oven but not sure which one ...

Any help welcome !

Thanks,

Lucie

Sponsored Links
My first guess would be the heating element that dropped has become damaged or the wiring to it has.

Your oven might have appeared to be heating up correctly because you probably have two elements

Sponsored Links
I see. So taking of the back panel and checking the voltage on the element? How would I diagnose that it's faulty with the mulimeter?

No no not voltage you need to check continuity , you disconnect the heating element from the spade connectors and you are testing there is no break in the element or that the element is not touching the earth connection

This is a very common fault on an oven and easy to fix

Thanks ! I've looked at the element but I can't see any breaks. How would I know if the element is touching the earth connection?

You won't without a multimeter, the element is encased.

You could always use the old trick of a couple of wires and a torch to check for continuity but for the love of God make sure the electricity is off first!

Thanks! I really appreciate the tips!

I might just buy a multimeter at this point :D

If I get one, how would I check for a short in the heating element?

Is it possible that the short is in the spades or in the rest of the circuit?

I've looked for new heating elements and they are some compatible ones for £20 ... So might just give it a try changing it. What do you think?

Thanks again!

L

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back