Oven cooling fan not turning off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Electrolux electric oven, model EOB53001X.
I have recently replaced the grill element but since this the cooling fan will not stop running. Will only stop when oven is switched off at the wall.

I suspect that the oven themostat needs to be replaced.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone advise if this is the right part that needs to be replaced?

Thanks

Liam

Sponsored Links
How many wires were connected to the old element & can you post a pic of the new one, it may be you have not reconnected it properly.

Here is a picture of the connections before I changed the grill element

Attachments

• 79B1CC1E-AF62-4D8B-AB7E-1A690FF37D9B.jpeg
    79B1CC1E-AF62-4D8B-AB7E-1A690FF37D9B.jpeg
    491.2 KB · Views: 170
Here is a picture after it was replaced

Attachments

• E1D5B91A-D180-47B3-B20E-D216E97B5102.jpeg
    E1D5B91A-D180-47B3-B20E-D216E97B5102.jpeg
    343.3 KB · Views: 181
Sponsored Links
That looks OK. If you pull one of the wires off the thermostat does it stop the fan?

In the picture is the thermostat the square that the orange wire is connected to?

It's called a thermal limiter, but whether it controls the fan I am not sure. Try disconnecting & insulating on of the wires as previously suggested & see if it stops the fan. I am not sure if they are supposed to be normally open or normally closed. If possible trace the wires to the fan back to their origin.

I've traced back the cable thats connects the oven thermostat to the cooling fan. Disconnected it and fan stops. Ordered new thermostat see if that fixes it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back