Electrolux EWX1440W Washer/Drier - Stops Mid-Wash Cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having problems with an integrated Electrolux EWX1440W which is stopping during the wash cycles and not draining.

The drain pump has been checked and is apparently fine and the filters and pipework appear to be clear.

Are there any diagnostic checks which can be done to try to identify the problem?

This is in a rented property - I've been told an engineer has checked and there are apparently no faults showing but I'd like to know myself. If no faults are being flagged, does anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Select and start the drain cycle now press the start/pause button and the next button along to the left and hold them both in until an error code appears in the display. My bet on whats wrong is that when this model is placed in rented properties the dryer often is unused leading the dryer element to become damp this would also stop the wash cycle the fault code for this is ED4. disconnecting the dryer element will then make the wash side work again . Any other code post it on here.

Thank you very much - I'll try to to get the error code and report back.

According to the engineers no fault codes are showing at all - is there anything else I can check?

Sponsored Links
Seems the main board may have gone - no fault codes, now stops a few seconds after it starts.

Nobody is keen to replace it though (or take it apart to confirm) - don't people repair washing machines nowadays?

Maybe because it is a washer/dryer?
You can change the pcb yourself (if it is a main pcb fault).
They cost around £130 pre-configured. Post the machine PNC number on the door sticker if you want a link to spares.

Thanks - what difference would the washer/dryer bit make? Extra complication when it's in bits?

I would like to find someone who can actually confirm it's the main PCB before I spend £130 on one though.

Sorry to say but the person you have had look at it hasn't a clue what their doing.

Two people have now looked at it - it definitely isn't showing any fault codes and is turning itself off.

I would prefer to find someone who will actually take the time to diagnose what's wrong rather than say it's cheaper to buy a new one, but ...

Problem supposedly identified as faulty drier element - drier element disconnected and it still won't complete a cycle.

Being told a new element will make it work once connected, fast losing faith in tradesmen ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back