ELM leblanc 4.20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we've got an ancient boiler a ELM LeBlanc 4.20 and lately whenever we have the central heating on we can't get hot water. We've never had this problem before and British Gas despite several attempts and spare parts still don't know what the problem is. Has anyone else has this problem or know what it could be????

Sponsored Links
can't remember the last time I saw an Elm. but it sounds like a diverter problem (if it has one)

Could be properly out of luck now, the boiler is completely obsolete and bg no longer supply any spare parts for it.

hi thanks fr your replies finally bristish gas think they found the problem and its a solenoid which has broken down so fingers crossed they can find a spare part! but in the meantime am looking at new boilers :)

Sponsored Links
The only solenoid I can think of on these is the gas solenoid which does tend to crack and fail but I can't see how it would account for the original fault.

something about the solenoid breaking down when the central heating has been on and not letting enough gas get through to heat the hot water. the flames are really low and when turning a hot tap on they dont get any bigger. i think they have managed to source a part and they are coming next week. but in the meantime they have put a warning label on the boiler due to the low pressure.

something about the solenoid breaking down when the central heating has been on and not letting enough gas get through to heat the hot water. the flames are really low and when turning a hot tap on they dont get any bigger. i think they have managed to source a part and they are coming next week. but in the meantime they have put a warning label on the boiler due to the low pressure.
managed to find this company westminsterheating.com .For spare parts and repairs to elm leblanc boilers hope this helps ;)

kuc

this post is 6 months old

bg either fitted new part or a new boiler :oops: :oops: :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back