Elvox 801 - 6 wire system ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I accidentally took my old Elvox 801 door entry off the wall so went to replace it.

However when I opened it up it appears I have 6 wires and not the normal 5, can't find anything on the net about 6 wire systems.

23lljfc.jpg

I gave it a shot anyways and attempted to wire to my new Fermax unit using their compatibility table but it doesn't buzz.

The problem is I can find 123 and 7 but I have no idea what A and B are, I'm guessing the buzzzer just by tracing the cables.

I have tried different variations of using AB into 4, just A into 4 or just B into with the other going to common 3 but no luck.

This is a pic of my new phone I have currently wired with B going into 4 which is the call connection on Fermax. I have the phone set to Z for buzzer and F for non common ground (not sure on this tried both ways)

2cpxmck.jpg

Anybody able to shed some light on this please I'm stumped?

Sponsored Links
Post picture of old elvox handset , 1, 2 audio in/out , 3 common , 7 lock release , A and. B one will be buzzer the other could be 12v depending on system, is this a single door entry system or a block of flats?

Post picture of old elvox handset , 1, 2 audio in/out , 3 common , 7 lock release , A and. B one will be buzzer the other could be 12v depending on system, is this a single door entry system or a block of flats?

the old elvox handset, was it a buzzer call or electronic call ? Can't see from picture if it has a buzzer or not

Sponsored Links
Yea it has a buzzer, A and B both seem to be connected to it. It also has a privacy switch with two red leds that light up when turned on.

Could that be what the extra 12v wire is for and potentially no longer need at all ?

Yes that's what's the 12v is for , that handset you have may not work, should have bought a elvox replacement, is the main entrance panel downstairs stainless steel and say raytel on it ?

Yup exactly, well stainless steel but doesn't say Raytel that I can see. I couldn't find the model the same and I can't find any that say they support a 6 wire system. I might need to call them I guess.

Heres a full pic of the intercom anyways.

2ylw8ph.jpg

As in Raytel that it says inside the handset ! You will have to get a replacement from raytel it's probably a fused isolated system , so you will have to be careful not to blow the fuse as it's located inside a cabinet with the control equipment, why did you try to swop the handset ?

Cheers I'll give Raytel a call tomorrow. I'm a complete noob at this so I just figured one of the extra wires was for 3/4/5 and hoped it would work as I thought they were universal and the Fermax unit listed the Elvox as compatible.

Hope I haven't blown the fuse :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back