Emulsion removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Just wondering what would be the best way to remove emulsion from a bedroom wall so I can gat back to plaster to fill holes and sand any lumps.Any ideas appreciated

Sponsored Links
Why do you want to remove it all?

Don't really need to just want to get the walls flat but a bit reluctant to get a plasterer in as it is not to bad and I can fill the holes myself. Just being a bit fussy really.
Also in one corner there is a small amount of mould due to lack of air circulation. Is there anything I can add to the paint to make this easier to remove should it return even though it should not now problems are sorted

Give the walls a really good rub down instead you will find it easier plus by the time you have scraped all the emulsion off the walls they will need loads of filling and rubbing again.

Re the mould...wash and scrub the wall with water and bleach 4:1 ratio leave overnight and rinse

Sponsored Links
Gonna be bloody hard work to get smooth by just rubbing down.
Have rubbed some down but it appears that before it was emulsioned last time all the wallpaper from before that has not been taken off completely. At least this is what I am guessing as most of the other rooms are wallpapered, looks like the back of the wallpaper has been left on parts.
Would it be any good using polycell smooth over to get a flat finish. Has anybody used this before or is it best to get it skimmed.

Scrape old nibs off with a 150mm angle head scraper from B&Q for about a fiver.
Even if it is skimmed it will still need doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back