Engineered floor on concrete with no DPM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm looking to float engineered flooring over a concrete sub base in a pre war house. The concrete base has no DPM fitted and other than the taped down plastic patch method I have no means of testing the moisture content (got to wait another 12hrs to see results). The base has no water marks and appears sound.
Would a DPM sheet under the undlerlay suffice or am I asking for trouble.
I have read about the surface applied DPM's but am worried that this will force the moisture into the walls which have an injected DPM although i'm not sure how old or effective it is.
Any help would be greatly appriciated as I dont want to fit carpet.

Thanks

Ste

Sponsored Links
If you have a moist problem, carpets would be effected too.

Wait for the "test results" and then if no moist detected, use an underlayment that contains a DPM in it.

thanks WYL

The plastic test has shown signs of moisture so the (complete amature) plan is to -

level with acrylic compound (ball 900?)
Lay stopgap isolator membrane
underlay
Floor.

I'm not sure if the isolator membrane can be used for floating floors, but the sound of the moisture not being trapped sounds appealing.

any advice truly welcome.

Sponsored Links
thanks WYL

The plastic test has shown signs of moisture so the (complete amature) plan is to -

level with acrylic compound (ball 900?)
Lay stopgap isolator membrane
underlay
Floor.

I'm not sure if the isolator membrane can be used for floating floors, but the sound of the moisture not being trapped sounds appealing.

any advice truly welcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back