Engineered wood floor question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to install a engineered wood floor over a concrete slab. I have one question that I have asked local so called experts and they have not given me an answer.
If I remove the base board molding from around the room and space the floor as recommended 10mm from the wall then when completed put the base board molding back on the wall but on top of the engineered wood floor thus covering up the 10mm space do I still need to install the quarter round piece of molding between the floor and base board molding? I know the quarter round is there to cover up the expansion space but is it needed if the baseboard is already accomplishing that.

Please help

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No you don't need to fit both. I've just fitted new skirting over the top of engineered flooring in 4 rooms & it looks fine. If the floor isn't perfectly flat, you may notice the odd gap between the floor & moulding. One of my rooms was not that good so I ran a bead of white silicone sealer around it but the other 3 were OK.

Exactly....also depending on the colour of your floor and skirting you can use coloured sealer to more closely match. If its white then it is an easy choice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back