Enough height for sufficent pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive a well that was used until recently. Wish to re-use. I have a house and a seperate building which I am converting into an additional living premises. The additional premises is 4m above the house. I thought that I could pump the well water into the conversion and then use the height to provide enough pressure for my combi boiler in my house. The question is whether 4m is sufficent height for me to have this pressure ?

Sponsored Links
4m is 0.4 bar, you'll not be able to pressurise your heating with that unless you have a pump in there - have you considered adding a booster pump set?

bear in mind mains will be at least 1 bar, plus you'll want a decent flow rate with that - say 11litres per min. you're a long way from that i'd think.

thanks, is such a pump expensive to install, to run and a complicated thing to sort ? I would like to make use of the space I have in the 'new, premises so presumeably I would have to fork out in pumping in there to (10m from well)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back