Erratic pressure on Vokera combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On a regular check, I noticed the pressure was low on the CH loop - so I topped it up (to about 1.3bar). The boiler was not running at this point.

Later, while it was running, I noticed the pressure had climbed to about 2.7 - approaching the danger point... So, I drained some water from the system.

The next day, the boiler had not ignited at it's appointed time, citing low-pressure as the reason for not doing so.. I topped the system up and checked back later - again, the pressure is up at nearly 2.5. I left it this time and later, when it had been off overnight, the pressure was again too low to ignite boiler.

Is there any chance I've inadvertantly bust some internal valve or something? Just don't get it... Seems that, so long as it's running, the pressure remains fairly constant - though too high. When it shuts off, the pressure is leaking away somewhere. Thought maybe air in system somewhere - thinking it would expand when hot and increase pressure.. but dont see why all pressure lost when boiler shuts down - I can find no water leaks anywhere..

Any hints, advice or just general comments will be very much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
I would recommend you get an engineer to service your boiler. As part of the service he will re-pressurise your expansion vessel. Lack of charge in the vessel is the cause of your problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back