Estimates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, We have a problem with efflorescence coming through a section of our interior walls ( about 10ft x 6ft) A builder has quoted the following estimate for the job for taking off plaster fo sections of 2 walls, back to stone work. Tanking to go onto stone work first then dot & dab insulation boards, with finish plaster to stop damp & salt coming in. Parts & labour £1750. Do you think this is a fair estimate?

Sponsored Links
You would gain better advice if you posted this on the Builders forum,

Dec

And you could get a quote "ahem" very locally if you send me a personal message - IF you are in Brighton ;)

Sponsored Links
IF he is removing all of the plaster and then tanking prior to overboarding then the price does sound reasonable, (but it depends on the type of tanking). I guess that will include refitting the shirting boards, disposal, wall switches/sockets etc.

IF the price does not include a full chop back then it is difficult to comment further, get another quote but be sure that both quotes entail the same work.

As theDec says this is not really the correct subforum but I would have thought that if your home is stone-rather than brick that the internal walls should have been a lime mix

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back