Ethnic population, positive discrimination.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why is it, that whenever there is a tv correspondent reporting from a school on a education matter, he/she is usually surrounded by coloured pupils with the odd white pupil scattered about, despite the fact that 92%of the population of this country is white.
Is this the positive discrimination that I am constantly hearing of, or is it just a coincidence.?
On the other hand is just that white kids can't be bothered going to school.?

Sponsored Links
Because they're either reporting on how **** the pupils are and why are the exam results so bad or someone has been stabbed. The overall population of England may be white but there's plenty of schools in london where the majority of pupils aren't.

It's called 'tokenism' and it's pathetic. It creates divisions not solves them.

The phrase "positive discrimination" should be banned... it's like saying "positive ABH", or "positive theft".

Sponsored Links
Absolutely ... The only way to eradicate prejudice is for everyone to be treated the same.

Positive discrimination is every bit as harmful as any other form of discrimination.

Try convincing the Government though :LOL:

MW

Positive discrimination is every bit as harmful as any other form of discrimination.

Try telling that to Harperson:
"Women workers to get 'positive discrimination' rights"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-to-get-'positive-discrimination'-rights.html

She has no problem in discriminating against white men, based upon the gender pay gap (a myth). The fact that women have different priorities, different aims in life never enters this evil woman's tiny mind.

Women's short lists anyone?

Guilty of it myself..

When I worked for an organisation recruiting trainees into the construction industry we were given ethnic and female targets to hit (not literally you doughnuts!!!)

They made a smallish percentage of our overall target figure..the norm being white males.

We fell over ourselves as soon as there was a sniff of an ethnic or a fem in the pipeline to get them onto a scheme..in my opinion unfairly discriminating again anyone else.

Surely the setting of targets like that is discriminative in itself?

Back