Ethos 54C boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I got an Ethos 54c boiler, that comes with a Honeywell thermostat with a HCW80 and a HC60NG units. It was all working perfectly, and installed professionally by previous owners.

Now the hot water is working but the central heating is not. I tried re-syncing the thermostats, and the lights indicate that all is working fine

I checked error messages on the Ethos 54c and there are none.

However, no matter what mode I put the thermostat on, the boiler doesn't seem to listen to my commands.

Does anybody know how to deal with this problem?

Many thanks,

Agustin

Sponsored Links
I would check the HC60, these can die in a way where the LED still comes on and off but the relay inside isn't working.

Turn off the elecs, pull the cover off and link the cables going to A & B temporarily, see if the boiler does CH.

The Ethos was a rubbish boiler fitted largely (in my experience) by idiots for people that had no idea, but the big numbers on the brochure gave it the Spinal Tap appeal.

If your relay passes muster after Simon's test then you'll be best to call a professional.

I remember when their rep tried to get us to sell these POS.... he left with one half disassembled in the back of he car and a flea in his ear :LOL: happy days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back