Help with boiler decision

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I have searched and seen various similar discussions but was hoping someone could help with my decision,

I need the best combi boiler solution, unvented would work out too expensive for me and would like to keep it simple for future.

I have narrowed it down too WB 42CDI, Vaillant 937 (which we have already in a family house) or the ethos 54c.

I have measured the static pressure to be just over 6bar and the flow rate from the kitchen tap to be 20ltr/min from what i have read from the variuos searches these figures lean towards being good?

We have 2 barthrooms with possibility of ensuite.

I like the vaillant for some reason?? but think may be the WB all round would be best? as its flow rate is 17ltr min between the vaillant and WB, Im still not too sure about the ethos if i will be able to get the rated 25ltr a min with out alot of cost larger gas pipe and maybe definately having to increase the water supply pipe? and reliability and support the installer i asked for recommendations has not heard of ethos so it kinda makes me think what if some thing happens to boiler and no one will be able to repair it?

do all of them condense in DHW?

does the vaillant use a better heat xchanger?

I have a water meter and the pipe comming in is a black poly type whose diameter is not that big I would not think its internal diameter is any larger than 15mm also the stop tap looks like a 15mm type would this be a ristriction also?

We can get 28mm gas from the meter easily, Im just worried about the water flow?

would i try and get the poly replaced? do i need the meter replacing or can we simply come out from the meter in a 22mm to the boiler and come back out of the boiler with 22mm and run that as far as possible and branch of that with 15mm? to maintain a good flow?

any help greatly appreciated we are just beginnig the the extension so would be ideal to see which boiler to go with and piping size?

thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back