Eufy Doorbell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Recently added the Eufy doorbell to my current camera system. I have found that over the last couple days since installing, I have had several delivers from various couriers, and they all knock the door lol. I had read that some find the Eufy doorbell an issue as people dont think it is a doorbell.

Anyone experiencing this issue?

One of the major draw backs is that the ring button only lights when pressed so you are not drawn to it, like Ring products. I have my one hardwired and contacted eufy but there is no way to actually have this lit up all the time, due to battery power savings.

Sponsored Links
Mine lights up when approached, have you been into settings and switch "status LED/Night vision etc etc" on? You might also need to switch on motion detection

I have it also set it to LED, motion detect etc the blue ring backlight is not great in daylight, and still to test it when it gets dark. I know it comes on with red LED and the Blue so that will prob confuse more when its dark lol.

I was hoping there was a way to have it on all the time and turn up the brightness if hardwired, but seem Eufy are doing it as a one size fits all for battery or hardwired.

@secureiam I had thought this might be a reason also. Door is not very busy these days other than deliveries lol

Sponsored Links
I have had several delivers from various couriers, and they all knock the door lol.
All my couriers and postal deliverers have stopped using doorbell and now knock.
I presumed the change from doorbell to knocking was due to their worries of the doorbell being a frequent point of contact and hence a increased risk from Covid.
SFK

Had also crossed my mind but they were all using the old doorbell fine. Will see how it goes over next while, but no point if no one knows its a doorbell

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back