Eurocarparts Website Smoke and Mirrors Advertising

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just been on Eurocarparts website looking for a pair of front brake discs.
£36.84 for Brembo discs what a bargain I thought. Until I double checked by phoning Eurocarparts and speaking to an employee.
This is the price per disc. Who in their right minds sells brake discs individually?
The fitment details on the website also add to the flim-flam by stating 'Fitted Quantity 2'.

Sponsored Links
£36.84 for Brembo discs what a bargain I thought. Until I double checked by phoning Eurocarparts and speaking to an employee.
This is the price per disc. Who in their right minds sells brake discs individually?
The fitment details on the website also add to the flim-flam by stating 'Fitted Quantity 2'.

Ah yes agree with you to an extent, but when on a shoe string budget perhaps there's times where one disc has warped or failed in some way where someone just wants that one disc fitted till it's sold.
Agree though who in their right mind wants to fit unpaired parts when it comes to your brakes.

But yes aware you have to be fairly aware of this on their site. Also more interesting there is a carparts direct supplier i can't remember now who also are another front end to europcarparts you can see their site is just a rebranded portal of the same and they're actually about 5% or so cheaper.

If you can wait autodoc.co.uk are much cheaper but they ship from germany normally about a weeks wait.

Good point Festive I've noticed that CarParts4Less website is identical to Eurocarparts website apart from the colour scheme and prices. Slightly more expensive than Eurocarparts but with the same continuous sale offers with discount codes to input in the checkout basket.

I generally go for Mintex or Brembo discs. Used either for years and never had any warping issues. I have heard of Eicher discs warping. Probably made by a seven year old in a jungle workshop somewhere.

Always been clear an obvious to me that Eurocarparts sell per disc on their website, no need to call to check and not any kind of scam.

What I don’t understand is why they constantly have a sale on with promo codes that change every week, but always the same discounts are available… does anyone buy at full price?!

Sponsored Links
Good point Festive I've noticed that CarParts4Less website is identical to Eurocarparts website apart from the colour scheme and prices. Slightly more expensive than Eurocarparts but with the same continuous sale offers with discount codes to input in the checkout basket.

I generally go for Mintex or Brembo discs. Used either for years and never had any warping issues. I have heard of Eicher discs warping. Probably made by a seven year old in a jungle workshop somewhere.

I've found them cheaper but thought it was the same site but someone running a business with their own website and parts come from ECP, I may be wrong

I too noted the one disc and thought WTF, WTF fing F

Just do a Google search and often you will find cheaper but ECP have local stores/

They are like the mattress companies who advertise on tv, they quote a ridiculous full price, so they can heavily discount it.

They are like the mattress companies who advertise on tv, they quote a ridiculous full price, so they can heavily discount it.
And many clowns fall for it.
I almost fell for it when researching a battery for my suv if i am to keep it over 3 years - a battery supplier beath ECP and Halfords handsdown on price but they have no local outlets.

The fake discounts remind me of the 24/7 sales at MFI, Carpetright, worldofoak or whatever its called. Having said that their sales are more honest than some of the bastards in the double glazing industry ie 60% off - off what your mums backside as you can't really compare materisl unless branded which often they are not.

Strange place. I went in once without ordering online first. The price at the counter was nearly double that on the website after I'd put in the nonsense discount codes. Took the guy nearly 10 minutes of trying to apply his various trade discounts to get the price down - I think the closest he could get was about 60p more.

A lot is to do with garages needing to add RRP parts prices to invoices because people don't want to be paying £100 plus per hour for labour.

If you can wait autodoc.co.uk are much cheaper but they ship from germany normally about a weeks wait.

Only used AD once. The filter of an auto gearbox service kit I ordered from them was incorrect & several subsequent email conversations revealed that their customer service was a total joke. I returned the incorrect filter (at my own expense) for a refund/alternative item & all they kept saying was that it couldn't be replaced as the component was 'part of a kit' & even offered to send the same filter back to me :sick:
In the end I gave up, used the fluid etc. from the kit & ordered the correct filter from BMW ... expensive, but at least I knew I'd got the correct part.

Last edited:
A lot is to do with garages needing to add RRP parts prices to invoices because people don't want to be paying £100 plus per hour for labour.

What linkage do parts prices have to labour costs ?

Unuusally for you , Harry, that also makes no sense to me.

No one can answer the question, without knowing the nature of the replacement part needed and the extent of the labour needed to install the part. A replacement shell big end bearing is cheap, the cost of labour and time to fit - a lot. A new tyre expensive, but cheap on labour to fit.

Sponsored Links
Back