Eurolock question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On a eurolock, you cannot get in from the outside unless a key in the lock on the inside of the door is pulled out slightly. Does this apply with one of those locks with a thumb turn on the inside? I.e. can access be gained with a key from outside whatever position the thumb turn is in?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It can on mine, a CISA, but different types may vary

Blup

I've fitted versions on the past which had a button in the middle of the thumbturn which disables key access

Sponsored Links
I've fitted versions on the past which had a button in the middle of the thumbturn which disables key access
I’m not looking to disable key access. Looking for one for the MIL who is getting more forgetful so that if she forgets to set the key in the correct position, we can still get in in an emergency. Don’t like the idea of her taking the key out as again, she is liable to forget where it is if she needs to get out quickly. I guess I’ll have to measure it up and then make sure before I buy a replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back