What lock?



My front door is a UPVC one with a eurolock in it. Unless I lock it with a key, it can be opened from the outside by the casual passer by. Is there any way that I can adapt or replace it so that it requires the turning of a key externally to pull the latch back while it remains handle turn opening on the inside? I'm thinking along the lines of hotel room doors if you catch my meaning - sort of like the lock mechanism acting like a typical night latch but with the normal lift handle from either side and use of the key to utilise the full locking bars
Sponsored Links
You are a complete genius sir. Never in a million years would I have known that!!
It might be the case that as well as the lever/pad handles you'll need to change the locking mechanism itself, one that lets you un-latch the door by turning the key a quarter of a turn away from the frame, locking the door is by means of 2 or 3 full turn towards the frame, this throws all the hooks and centre dead bolt just like lifting the handle!

I think thats right :rolleyes: :unsure:
Sponsored Links

Thanks. I feel like I'm getting somewhere now.

I wanted to replace the door furniture as well away from the gold effect to white. When I searched for this, I came across types handle/handle and handle/pad

In light of what you two are referring to, do these perform different functions or is it just a design preference?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local