Aluminium door multi-lock handle replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mum has an aluminium front door set into a hardwood frame - about 20 years old. The door has has a multi lock with centre latch and dead bolt with two other deadbolts high and low. The inside handle opens the latch and operates the deadbolt which are then locked by the eurolock etc. The stubby outside handle does not operate the latch but does operate the deadbolts - so the inside and outside spindles are not connected. The door slam locks and then needs a key to open from the outside. Multi-locking is an additional operation.

Is it possible to replace the handles ?
The screws holding the handle plates will not come out - the screws just turn. I presume some nut has rusted and is turning with the screw so I will have to break the handles. I need to get replacement backed before I smash the old ones off. The handles are giving trouble - the lock itself if fine.

Sponsored Links
There maybe several options but we do need a pic of the handles and door

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back