Problem on Lever Operated Lock on UPVC front door

SS2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the Union centre case lock (for extension bars) model # 30-48 J-L22180-SS. If you can't find the lock in question, it's the lever operated lock whereby from the inside you can engage the Multi point shoot bolts by lifting the door handle up. Pressing the door handle down retracts the bolts and operates the latch.

I have the nightlatch (yale) option through a split spindle, but I find that I cannot engage the deadbolt with a key from the inside without lifting the lever handle up. :evil: Therefore as the outside handle is split spindle, I cannot lift it up (as it just spins round) to engage the deadbolt using the key.

Can you suggest a solution for me to engage the deadbolt and multi point shoot bolts from the outside? The only thing i can think of is to get a solid spindle, but then that would negate the night latch function I curently have.

yours...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back