Europa Combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been to this boiler to rectify a fault,I think this is the same as the Ideal mini C24.

Anyway,The boiler will work perfectly on DHW,When asking for C/H sometimes the boiler will fire up no problem and work and other times it fires up for 30 seconds and cuts out,C/H pump seems good,theres 240 volts going to the diverter valve actuator and the motor works as it should(pushes pin down) Primary flow switch is also working fine,When the boiler cuts out there is no power to pump and also no power to the actuator (Brown wire)

My intitial thoughts are PCB as this really is an intermitting fault !!!

Any thoughts Guys ????

Sponsored Links
have you tried cleaning the fan/flue venturi as a partially blocked one could cause these problems.

I havn't tried cleaning the fan/flue venturi,I just assumed if there was a blockage at the venturi then the boiler would also shut down in hot water mode too !!

Sponsored Links
Its not so clear to me what the Europa really is!

It seems that Ideal definately produced a boiler called the Europa but the listed efficiencies differ from the Ideal C80FF.

I think I went to a Europa boiler some time ago but did not recognise it as an Ideal C80FF and thought it was more like a Protherm or Ariston.

Ariston do produce an Ariston Europa oven!

Someone from British Gas may be able to give more information from their computer listing.

In any case its a typical Italian/European design from 6-12 years ago with similar faults.

Have you checked the gas valve minimum pressure setting?

Is there an overheat stat and is it tripping?

Does disconnecting the o/h stat give the same symptoms?

Tony

Indeed,I do believe it is a rebadged mini,

Hi Tony,I will Have to try disconecting the O/H stat,I was toiling for time this evening,Hence the reason for the just checking the basics !!

I have just downloaded the manaul for this boiler,Now the leds on the front were flasing together led 2&3 and according to the fault finding guide,This points to a faulty NTC !!!

What do you think ????

Now I know what boiler it is then the CH NTC is shown as faulty and will give those symptoms.

Sensor on left and has black/blue wires.

Should read 10-13k cold but is probably o/c.

If it measures o/c then just change it.

If it does read something else then fit new one loose on plug and run boiler for a short while and measure the fitted one as the boiler warms up.

I fixed a Mini C this evening for Chris's hairdresser !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back