Eurosec Keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Eurosec alarm that is about 9 years old , everything is fine with it except the small keypad is playing up, sometimes the numbers work and other times they don't . Is there a replacement keypad i can get and would it be easy enough for me to do myself. Cheers WW.

Sponsored Links
have you got a picture of it at all? its just there are diffrent eurosec keypads for diffrent models and they don`t all work with diffrent panels. so a picture would be helpfull or the full model name would help

ie/gardtec eurosec ??????

The manual says its a Eurosec CP7/CP8 and the number on the keypad is
PR 4970. Hope this helps. Would post a Picture but not sure how to !!!!!. Cheers WW.

Sponsored Links
Yes Dirkdangler,thats the type ,except mine must be an earlier version as it does not have the LCD Display , just a row of numbers and lights, is it interchangeable with the newer version. Cheers WW.

Cheers Dirkdangler , thats exactly the same as ours, not too bothered which one i have , i suppose the LCD one is a bit fancier , but is it compatible, Thanks for your help its appreciated.Cheers WW. :D

ill speak to someone bout it tomorrow, and i will have all the answers you need. ill reply tomorrow at about 5-6pm. cheers

i dont have a problem showing the pic you guys linked to

LED_8_Open.gif

breezer- i usually upload to photobucket which i did, and transfer it across but it didn`t work. thats why i just used a link

oh.

but that picture is direct from your link, its not held on diynot

both keypads work with your system mate. however if your going down the route of the LCD pad. you would want a engineer manuel so you can program the text in. if you get a LED pad its just a swap over. changing both keypads over is pretty straight forward(4wires). problem is , this system could have a engineer reset if there is a tamper fault created. but it might not. depends how it was programmed on installation day. meaning you would need the engineer code to reset so you can use it again. you can stop the noise with your own code but couldn`t reset it. do you know the engineer code?. this system also has a lock in engineer code which means if you don`t have this code or don`t know who fitted the system means bigger problems. as you can`t default the engineer code. again depends how it was programmed on installation day. basically if the engineer code is locked and nobody knows the code. its a new control panel or send the panel back to the manufactuer(Risco) so they can unlock it. if this is the case i would get a new panel. there the only people who can do this on this system. unfortunatly there`s no way to tell if any of they problems exist until you start. cheers

Cheers Dirkdangler for the Info , sounds like it might be a bit more complicated than i thought, will try and find the paperwork this week and see if there is any mention of an engineers code. Cheers WW.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back