Eurosec CP8L keypad failures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a 21yr old Eurosec CP8L system with 3 keypads (front & back doors plus landing). We have a maintenance contract with a different company from installer that was taken over. We don't set the alarm very often.

On a recent service visit, two keypads were not working and the engineer said keypads were no longer available. Their quote to replace the system with a Euro 46s was £715+VAT so I have been doing some research.

Since replacement keypads do seem to be available and they also seem to be repairable by cleaning, I am thinking of a DIY attempt.

However, I also intend to change the maintenance contract so would it be best to find a new company to effect the repair?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure they are CPL keypads ? And not CPX ? , you can still get CPL keypads or clean the keypad mats

Hi sparkymarka, thanks for such a prompt reply. I have now had a very reasonable offer from another, more local, company who can source 3 new keypads. Since they may not be available much longer, I'll probably try cleaning the old ones and keep them in reserve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back