Eurosec CP8L " Call engineer " Message keeps being displayed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

i'm a newbie here so apologies if this is the wrong thread. I had an alarm system installed 7 years ago when I built my house. I cannot find the local alarm company - must be out of business. My alarm went off at 3 am one night and I cut power to it as the key fobs or code did not work. After trial and error I discovered a battery error.

I have had to replace the large battery for my alarm system (Yucel) and done a test. Everything seems ok. But my Eurosec CP8L panel keeps showing me "call engineer" when I try to set entry and exit codes with the fob/code . Do I need an engineer code to remove this? If so where can I get one?

Ideally I just want to use the fobs to enter exit and set a part code to disable upstairs PIRs at night. I have downloaded the manual.

Any advice would be really helpful.

==========
Your duplicate has been removed.
==========

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Not a cpl with fobs ! It's probably a CPX panel same as gardtec 490 panel it may have been programmed for engineer reset , or even worse engineer locked
It needs defaulting to find out ..
Worse case new pcb

Thanks sparkymarks. I think your right it looks same as the gardtec panel. Can I set it to default myself? If so how?

It seems to work ok for entry exit though. Despite showing call engineer.

I had ADT call out yesterday but they only wanted to sell me a new panel and a yearly monitoring contract for 500. They didn't want to reset or replace it.

Sponsored Links
Opening the panel has tripped the tamper and your panel must be on Tamper Engineer reset.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back